I am very sorry for being so late in posting this news. My reaction was similar to that of Camilla Reid, writing on the Nosy Crow blog (see the link below):
I almost felt that it was impossible for Wendy to actually die. This is bonkers, obviously, but anyone who ever met her cannot have failed to notice in Wendy a vitality, a force of positive energy that is rare to encounter and would fool you into thinking it would go on forever.
She must have been at practically every children’s publishing event I ever attended in London. If she wasn’t, it would mean she was on one of her regular travelling expeditions, and if she was, you could bet that conversation would be as likely to be about her latest adventures in India, as it would about children’s books.
She will be greatly missed.
- Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/03/wendy-cooling-obituary
- The Times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wendy-cooling-obituary-v72bf0xqg
- Nosy Crow https://nosycrow.com/blog/wendy-cooling/
- IBBY https://www.ibby.org.uk/wendy_cooling
- Little Rebels https://littlerebels.org/2020/06/29/tribute-to-wendy-cooling/