The #PicturesMeanBusiness campaign has just launched a new expanded website…
What Does It Mean If You Support #PicturesMeanBusiness?
- It means you believe illustration (and cover design) contributes to people’s decisions to buy books.
- It means you respect the profession of illustration as a proper skilled profession and not some cute little hobby.
- It means you think top-quality illustrators should be able to make a living from their work.
- It means you recognise that illustrators are significantly disadvantaged by quirks in the publishing world. EVERYONE in the industry would benefit if this was properly addressed!
- It means you think it’s unfair that illustrators are often ignored and not mentioned in reviews, lists and media, and that it has to stop.
- It means you believe illustrators should be listed on databases with the books they’ve created, just like writers, in ways that their books and sales can be tracked. (If business can’t see illustrators’ contribution to business, they will assume illustration doesn’t contribute.)
ACHUKA says a resounding YES to all of that.