Applications are open for Puffin World of Stories 2019.
Puffin launched World of Stories last year, in partnership with the National Literacy Trust and 50 primary schools. Each of the 50 participating schools received boxes of brand new books to reinvigorate their reading corner or library, and teachers and librarians attended specialist training, filled with ideas to make reading for pleasure part of their school culture and bring stories to life.
Now the scheme is open to 80 new schools in Essex, South London, Middlesbrough or Tyne and Wear.
It’s completely free to take part and participating schools will receive:
- 300 free Puffin books, including everything from Roald Dahl and Jacqueline Wilson to Robin Stevens, and Humza Arshad and new non-fiction
- One day training session delivered by the National Literacy Trust
- Package of free audio books and training to engage readers of all abilities
- Display kits to bring the magic of reading to life including bunting and posters
- Resources to encourage reading for pleasure across the whole school
- National Literacy Trust membership which includes teaching resources, school improvement tools and CPD
How can schools apply?
To apply you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a state primary school based in one of four areas: Essex, South London, Middlesbrough or Tyne and Wear.
- Above average level of pupils eligible to receive Free School Meals
- Willing to take part for one year from September 2019 until Spring 2020
- Have buy-in from your Head Teacher or a member of your Senior Leadership Team