THE SCOTTISH CHILDREN’S BOOK AWARDS 2013 SHORTLIST:
Bookbug Readers (3-7 years)
– The Paper Dolls by Julia Donaldson and Rebecca Cobb (Macmillan)
– What’s the Time Mr Wolf by Debi Gliori (Bloomsbury)
– Jumblebum by Chae Strathie and Ben Cort (Scholastic)
Younger Readers (8-11 years)
– Black Tide by Caroline Clough (Floris)
-The Accidental Time Traveller by Janis McKay (Floris)
-Really Weird Removals.com by Daniela Sacerdoti (Floris)
Older Readers (12-16 years)
– Ferryman by Claire McFall (Templar)
-The Seeing by Diana Hendry (Bodley Head)
-The Book of Doom by Barry Hutchison (Harper Collins)
Over the next seven months, children the length and breadth of Scotland will be reading the three shortlisted books in their age category and voting for their favourite one. The three winning authors will be announced at a special award ceremony on Wednesday 5 March 2014.
2013 marks the seventh year that Scottish Book Trust has been running the awards. Voting numbers have increased dramatically year on year, with nearly 32,000 children voting in 2012. With this year’s polls open until 7 February 2014, the 2013 awards are likely to be the biggest ever in terms of children participating!